The travel site Gadling.com has a great article in it’s Travel Tips section on Hotel tips. Their list inspired the staff of Georgetown Suites to put together our own list, specific to DC.
Hotel Tips for Washington, DC :
- Book your reservation with the hotel directly, and check to see if there are any specials available. Often you can get a special rate or upgrade by just asking. For example, Georgetown Suites offers specials such as Midnight Madness, Last Minute specials, and Cherry Blossom Package.
- Always inquire with the concierge where it’s safe to walk nearby the hotel. You want to make sure you don’t mistakenly wander into an unsafe area while you are out enjoying the neighborhood
- Research the public transportation options around your hotel. It’s best to park your car in the hotel garage, and explore the city by foot, taxi, Metro or bus
- Being close to a Metro stop isn’t as important as you think. There are many other transportation options including the DC Circulator bus that takes you across town for just a buck
- Check to see if your hotel sells passes for Metro or DC Circulator Bus, or discount tickets to local tours, movie theatres or other nearby attractions
What are some of your favorite hotel tips? Share them in the comments section below!